Pages

Monday 30 January 2017

My Mosaic Journey

I first was introduced to Mosaics twelve years ago when I visited Nelson home of The World of Wearable Arts in the South Island of New Zealand.There I met JackieMac who taught me how to design, cut and create using stained glass.

From the moment I cut my first piece of glass I was hooked! Jackie encouraged me to be ambitious in my first project and so I embarked on my very first Mosaic......... a mirror.


I chose colours which reflect the Paua Shells which can be found on the beaches of New Zealand.

 Here are some pictures of my very first Mosaic.

'Little Red' table. This table sat in my studio for some time until, one day, I felt inspired to take it from drab to dramatic. I took inspiration from a Liberty of London design for the table top and painted the rest with Annie Sloan paint in 'Emperor Silk.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts Slider